Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Where has the month gone?!

What a blog post?!  I know, I know... it has been a while. We have been soooo busy this past month that I can't believe that it's almost July!

The house is really coming together inside. In the past 3 weeks they installed the cabinets, floors, lighting and countertops.

 Here is a shot looking into the kitchen from the family room. This was taken at the beginning of June:

And here is a shot from couple of weeks ago of when they where installing the cabinets...

 

The kitchen has to be my favorite room in the house. 
Why wouldn't it be?! I put so much thought into it!


My favorite thing about the kitchen is the Calacutta Gold Marble countertop on the island. It took quite a few trips to the granite warehouse to find the perfect slab. Here it is at the warehouse. Calacutta Gold is a much warmer tone marble than the traditional Cararra.



Here it is when they were installing it and the black granite.


In other news, they are in the process of doing the tile and this past weekend they stained the hardwood floors. We stopped by on our lunch break to pick out a stain. Let me tell you it is not an easy task!

Which one would you have picked?


It took a while for me to make up my mind but we went with the one on top in the picture below which is 3 parts of Provincial (color on bottom) and 1 part Antique Brown:


Here is a shot of the Laundry Room floor. I went with something fun and different. Why? Just to do it I guess!


More to come!

1 comment:

Cora said...

We need to see updates here Patti!!!!!